Datacom 40G-LR4 passive Multi-Wavelength Fiber Network Tap - two 40Gb LR4 Network Ports.
Easily used in combination with many tools from WireShark, Tamosoft and many more.
40G-LR4 passive Multi-Wavelength Fiber Network Tap
The 40G-LR4 Multi-Wavelength Fiber network tap connects to a 40GBase LR4 network link and sends a copy of the traffic from each device on each wavelength from 4 LC ports in LR format. The 40G-LR4 Multi-Wavelength Fiber Network Tap allows you to access and monitor a multi-lambda fiber link by combining four SFP + single-wavelength ports into a native 40GbE interface on your monitoring equipment. *
Variations of the Datacom 40G-LR4 Multi-Wavelength Fiber Network Tap :
- FTP-1516 40Gb Passive TAP, 50/50 split ratio. 9 micron fiber, with 8 separate LC output ports (2 for each wavelength).
- FTP-1716 40Gb Passive TAP, 70/30 split ratio. 9 micron fiber, with 8 separate LC output ports (2 for each wavelength).
Advantages Datacom 40G-LR4 Multi-Wavelength Fiber Network Tap:
Monitor outputs are at 1271, 1291, 1311 and 1331nm. The 40G-LR4 Multi-Wavelength Fiber Network Tap is completely passive and requires no power supply.
These network taps are ideal for security applications, network monitoring, and anywhere you need to see all the data that only an inline solution can provide. Invisible to the network, completely passive and fault tolerant, fiber taps do not affect network performance or integrity.
They provide permanent in-line access to network connections. As a result, network connections do not need to be disconnected and connected each time A segment needs to be analyzed. Our taps allow you to view Layer 1 and Layer 2 faults that do not show up when monitoring networks with SPAN ports.
- Non-powered passive tap
- Optional 1U rack mount for 2 taps
- 6U 12 bay rack available
* Monitoring device must support this feature
- Two (2) 40Gb LR4 Network Connections
- Eight (8) LC Monitor Connections
- Network Ports: 3.4 dB insertion loss
- Monitor Ports: 3.7 dB insertion loss
In order to perform a successful network analysis, we recommend either the free software from wireshark or the relate software from Tamosoft.
You can find Wireshark's software here.
You can find the Tamosoft software here.
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS (H x W x D)
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40°C
- Storage Temperature: -30° to 65°C
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing