Datacom 40G-SR4 Fiber Network Tap with 40G links MTP.
The Datacom Fiber Network Tap 40G-SR4 is available in two different configurations and can be easily used in combination with many tools from WireShark, Tamosoft and more.
Description Datacom 40G-SR4 Fiber Network Tap:
The Datacom 40G-SR4 Network Tap's 40 Gbps fiber ports provide your network monitoring and security tools with passive permanent access to your 40 Gigabit fiber Network.
These network ports are ideal for security applications, network monitoring, and anywhere you need to see all the data that only an in-line solution can provide. Invisible to the network, completely passive and fault-tolerant, the Fiber Taps do not affect network performance or integrity.
The following variants of the Datacom 40G-SR4 Fiber Network Tap are available:
- FTP-1514 50/50 split ratio. 50 micron fiber, 2 separate MTP output ports
- FTP-1714 70/30 split ratio. 50 micron fiber, 2 separate MTP output ports
Benefits Datacom 40G-SR4 Fiber Network Tap:
Our taps allow you to view layer 1 and 2 errors not seen when performing network monitoring using SPAN ports
- OM3 fiber
- Rack mount ear included
- Optional 1U rack mount holds 3 taps
- 4U 12 bay rack available
- Two (2) 40Gb MTP Network Connections
- Two (2) 40Gb MTP Monitoring Connections
- 50/50 split ratio results in a 4.6 dB insertion loss
- 70/30 split ratio results ina a 6.6/2.6 dB insertion loss
* approximate per fiber
In order to perform a successful network analysis, we recommend either the free software from wireshark or the relate software from Tamosoft.
You can find Wireshark's software here.
You can find the Tamosoft software here.
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS (H x W x D)
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40°C
- Storage Temperature: -30° to 65°C
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing