Bundle of Tamosoft TamoGraph® Site Survey Standard and Tamosoft CommView for WIFI Network Monitor
Description of TamoGraph® Site Survey Standard
Tamosoft TamoGraph is a powerful and user-friendly wireless site survey software tool for collecting, visualizing, and analyzing 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi data. Wireless network deployment and maintenance requires the use of a professional RF site survey tool that facilitates otherwise time-consuming and very complex tasks, such as ongoing analysis and reporting of signal strength, noise and interference, channel allocation, data rates, etc. By using TamoGraph, businesses can dramatically reduce the time and costs that are involved in deploying and maintaining Wi-Fi networks and improve network performance and coverage in all kinds of environments: office buildings, airports, cafes, malls, or open space areas. TamoGraph is available for Windows and macOS.
Why to Perform a Wi-Fi Site Survey
In a word, wireless site surveys are necessary because radio wave propagation is difficult to predict, especially in non-open space environments. It is virtually impossible to consider all the variables that might affect the health and performance of your WLAN. Changing conditions, even something as seemingly minor as a notebook equipped with a legacy 802.11g adapter that your new employee connected to the office wireless network, might seriously affect the WLAN performance. In addition, considering the wide proliferation of wireless infrastructure, factors such as interference from nearby WLANs play a very important role. This is why regular site surveys that are conducted with a professional tool are important.
When to Perform a Wi-Fi Site Survey
Pre-deployment surveys:At this stage, a site survey is necessary in order to verify that the network plan works well in a real-world environment. Placement of temporary access points and a quick survey of the resulting WLAN characteristics allow an engineer to fine-tune AP and antennae placement, determine the optimal number and types of APs and antennae, and avoid poor coverage zones.
Post-deployment surveys: Once a WLAN has been deployed, a complete verification site survey is necessary to ensure that the WLAN performance and coverage meet the design requirements. At this stage, the Wi-Fi equipment placement is finalized and a site survey report should be generated so that the historical records can be accessed at any time in the future.
Regular, ongoing surveys:Maintaining high performance and coverage requires regular "check-up" surveys. New users, new equipment, site expansion, neighboring WLANs, and other factors can adversely affect your WLAN. It should be monitored on a regular basis.
Features of TamoGraph® Site Survey Standard
- Simple and fast data collection
- Passive, active, and predictive surveys
- Spectrum analysis
- Comprehensive WLAN analysis with easy-to-understand visualization of signal level, interference, access point coverage areas, data rates, network issues, etc.
- Automatic access point location
- Detailed information about every access point: channel, maximum data rate, vendor, encryption type, etc.
- Full support of 802.11ac, as well as 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n networks
- GPS-assisted outdoor surveys
- Dozens of antenna patterns allow you to model APs by major WLAN vendors: Cisco, Aruba, Ruckus, Aerohive, Ubiquiti, Meraki, and many others
- Detailed reporting in PDF and HTML formats
- Attractive, competitive pricing
Who Needs Tamosoft TamoGraph® Site Survey Standard?
- WLAN and IT administrators
- Wireless service providers
- Wi-Fi equipment vendors
System Requirements and Download
TamoGraph runs on Microsoft Windows 10, 11, Windows Server 2016, 2019, 2022. TamoGraph also requires a compatible wireless network adapter. To view the list of compatible and tested adapters. See the list of supported adapters. If your wireless card is not on the list, take advantage of our special offer and get a compatible adapter free of charge.
TamoGraph runs on macOS Catalina (10.15), Big Sur (11.0), Monterey (12.0), Ventura. TamoGraph runs on MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air devices manufactured in 2011 and later.
An evaluation version is available in the Download Area.To purchase this product, add it to the shopping cart (see the link at the top right corner of this page) or visit the Product Catalog.
Significant new features of the TamoGraph 8.0 version
- Added support for the new 6 GHz Wi-Fi band (Wi-Fi 6E). This includes predictive modeling as well as passive and active surveys. Support for Wi-Fi 6E includes the latest Wi-Fi technologies and standards, such as Multiple BSSID elements and the new power spectral density (PSD) rules, among others. In the Windows version, support for 6 GHz passive surveys requires a 6E Wi-Fi adapter, which currently includes Intel AX210, AX211, and AX411. In the macOS version, support for 6 GHz passive surveys using the built-in Wi-Fi adapter requires a 2023 MacBook model (released just in late January 2023) and will become available in the next build.
- Added support for two new USB spectrum analyzers, WiPry 2500x and WiPry Clarity by Oscium. WiPry Clarity supports 6 GHz spectrum analysis. Note that you can mix different spectrum analyzer models, for example, you can use Wi-Spy by MetaGeek and WiPry Clarity by Oscium simultaneously, which will make spectrum sweeping faster.
- Improved DWG file import; the latest DWG formats (up to Autodesk AutoCAD 2023) are now supported.
- Added support for numerous 802.11ax adapters. USB: D-Link DWA-X1850, ASUS USB-AX56, and FusionFutures AX1800. Integrated: Intel AX411.
- Implemented more flexible control over object selection in predictive models. You can now include/exclude specific object types from the selection.
- Added functionality to re-link Multi-SSID APs even after conducting a survey.
- Added the new “TamoGraph Site Survey (Predictive only)” shortcut to the TamoGraph group in the Windows “Start” menu. When you launch TamoGraph using this shortcut, the application doesn’t attempt to use your Wi-Fi adapter and doesn’t require administrative privileges. You can use this mode when all you need is RF planning, without conducting surveys.
- Updated MAC vendor list.
- Fixed the problems with loading OSM street maps and searching by address.
Description for the Tamosoft Network-Monitor CommView for WiFi
Tamosoft CommView for WiFi is a powerful wireless network monitor and analyzer for 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac networks. Loaded with many user-friendly features, CommView for WiFi combines performance and flexibility with an ease of use unmatched in the industry. CommView for WiFi captures every packet on the air to display important information such as the list of access points and stations, per-node and per-channel statistics, signal strength, a list of packets and network connections, protocol distribution charts, etc. By providing this information, CommView for WiFi can help you view and examine packets, pinpoint network problems, and troubleshoot software and hardware.
CommView for WiFi includes a VoIP module for in-depth analysis, recording, and playback of SIP and H.323 voice communications. Packets can be decrypted utilizing user-defined WEP or WPA/WPA2-PSK keys and are decoded down to the lowest layer. With over 100 supported protocols, this network analyzer allows you to see every detail of a captured packet using a convenient tree-like structure to display protocol layers and packet headers. Additionally, the product provides an open interface for plugging in custom decoding modules. A number of case studies describe real-world applications of CommView for WiFi in business, government, and education sectors.
What You Can Do with CommView for WiFi
- Scan the air for WiFi stations and access points.
- Capture 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac WLAN traffic.
- Specify WEP or WPA keys to decrypt encrypted packets.
- View detailed per-node and per-channel statistics.
- View detailed IP connections statistics: IP addresses, ports, sessions, etc.
- Reconstruct TCP sessions.
- Configure alarms that can notify you about important events, such as suspicious packets, high bandwidth utilization, unknown addresses, rogue access points, etc.
- View protocol "pie" charts.
- Monitor bandwidth utilization.
- Browse captured and decoded packets in real time.
- Search for strings or hex data in captured packet contents.
- Log individual or all packets to files.
- Load and view capture files offline.
- Import and export packets in Sniffer®, EtherPeek™, AiroPeek™, Observer®, NetMon, Wireshark/Tcpdump, and Wireshark/pcapng formats, export packets in hex and text formats.
- Export any IP address to SmartWhois for quick, easy IP lookup.
- Capture data from multiple channels simultaneously using several USB adapters.
- Capture A-MPDU and A-MSDU packets.
- Simulate access points.
- And much more!
Who Needs CommView for WiFi
- WLAN Administrators.
- Security professionals.
- Home users who are interested in monitoring their WLAN traffic.
- Programmers developing software for wireless networks.
System Requirements and Download
Tamosoft CommView for WiFi runs on Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2. Both 32- and 64-bit versions are supported. You can also run CommView for WiFi on Macs. To view the list of the adapters that have been tested and are compatible with CommView for WiFi, click on the link below:
If your wireless card is not on the list, please click here for the technical information, or take advantage of our special offer and get a compatible adapter free of charge! An evaluation version is available in the Download Area. To purchase this product, add it to the shopping cart (see the link at the top right corner of this page) or visit the Product Catalog. Sniffer® is a registered trademark of Network General Corporation. EtherPeek™ and AiroPeek™ and trademarks of WildPackets, Inc. Observer® is a registered trademark of Network Instruments, LLC. Microsoft® and Windows® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Other product names and brand names are trademarks of their respective holders. Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance