Datacom Systems Modular Fiber Tap System
This high density passive Tap system provides permanent access for up to 24 links. The flexible modular design allows tapping fiber links - from 1G up to 100G - including 40/100G SR4 and Cisco BiDi. Different fiber types and split ratios can be mixed - all in the same high density chassis. Individual Tap Modules are of ruggedized all-metal construction. The chassis can be partially or fully populated with a mix of modules, based on the needs of the location.
- Flexible - modules are available in custom split ratios and mixed fiber types
- Scalable - add more tap modules as the number of links increases
- Easy to install - individual modules can be added or swapped without interrupting other links
- Cost effective - lower overall cost than fixed tap systems
- Passive and non-powered - no IP Address - 100% secure and immune to remote attacks
- Guaranteed signal integrity - highest quality components used
- Consistent - thin film couplers deliver stable predictable insertion loss without the variation of fused optical couplers
- Full visibility - passes all full-duplex traffic (including errors) from all layers
Tap up to 24 links 1G to100G* - Ideal for security, network monitoring and analysis - anywhere that high density and maximum flexibility are required for monitoring multiple fiber links
- FTC-24 Rack Mount Chassis - holds up to 24 modules
- FTCT-24 Cable Management Tray
- FTC-505 50/50 Module (50 micron)
- FTC-605 60/40 Module (50 micron)
- FTC-705 70/30 Module (50 micron)
- FTC-805 80/20 Module (50 micron)
- FTC-905 90/10 Module (50 micron)
- FTC-506 50/50 Module (62.5 micron)
- FTC-606 60/40 Module (62.5 micron)
- FTC-706 70/30 Module (62.5 micron)
- FTC-806 80/20 Module (62.5 micron)
- FTC-906 90/10 Module (62.5 micron)
- Two LC connector pairs per module for Tap connections to network link endpoints (MTP connectors used for SR4 and 100G modules)
- One LC connector pair per module (both ports Tx) for Monitor connections to Monitoring tools or Network Packet Brokers (MTP connectors used for 40/100GBASE-SR4 modules)
- Multimode 50/50: 1G = 4.5 dB | 10G = 3.9 dB
- Multimode 70/30: 1G = 2.0 / 6.1dB | 10G = 3.1 / 5.1dB
- Singlemode 50/50 = 3.9 dB
- Singlemode 70/30 = 2.2 / 6.3 dB
- Singlemode LR4 DeMux 50/50 = 4.8 dB
- Singlemode LR4 DeMux 70/30 = 6.8 / 2.8 dB
- *Insertion loss for 60/40, 80,/20, and 90/10 provided on request
Physical dimensions (HxWxD)
- Rack mount chassis 1.785"x19"x8.45"
- Cable Management Tray: 0.863"x19"x2"
- Standard LC Modules: 1.638"x0.659"x8.40"
- MTP 40/100GBASE-SR4/BiDi modules: 1.638"x1.248"x8.40"
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature -22° to 149°F (-30 to 65°C)
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing