Package consisting of SS-1204BT-BT Network Tap + network monitor software CommView® bundle from Datacom and Tamosoft.
The SINGLEstream ™ Gigabit Link Aggregation Tap is a 10/100/1000 aggregator tap that faultlessly combines both directions of a full duplex ethernet data stream, while allowing the ability to steer your traffic to specific ports using the new 1200 Series feature set.
The 1200 Series SINGLEstream™ Gigabit (10/100/1000) Link Aggregation Tap from Datacom Systems provides a superior solution for 24x7 monitoring of Ethernet links. While traditional network taps might enable full-duplex monitoring of all traffic on a network link, they transmit the data to the monitoring device (e.g. analyzer, IDS, probe) in two separate half-duplex streams. Not only does this require the monitoring device to have two network interface cards (NIC), it also requires that the device be capable of combining and processing both streams of data in order to monitor both sides of the conversation. Not all monitoring devices have that capability. The 1200 Series SINGLEstream™10/100/1000 Link Aggregation Tap faultlessly combines the two data streams, allowing any connected monitoring device to receive a full-duplex stream of data with one NIC. The SINGLEstream™ SS-1204BT-BT-S Configurable Link Aggregation TAP provides maximum flexibility allowing a choice of aggregation or non-aggregation of the bi-directional data on a single 10/100 or 1000Mb link.
- Manage TAP via management port or local serial port
- Any-to-Any architecture can send traffic to any port from any other port, eliminating the need for network managers to manage or change complex configurations of SPAN ports or move tools around their network.
- LINKprotect™ feature allows the relay failover circuit to close if either or both sides of the link go down
- Any-to-Any architecture on 2 ports allows the enduser to steer traffic as desired
- In-Line design eliminates contention for network access by freeing up SPAN/Mirror ports
- SSH for command line access to the management port
- SNMPv3 trap sent on error conditions
CommView® Enterprise Edition
CommView® is a powerful network monitor and analyzer designed for LAN administrators, security professionals, network programmers, home users...virtually anyone who wants a full picture of the traffic flowing through a PC or LAN segment. Loaded with many user-friendly features, CommView® combines performance and flexibility with an ease of use unmatched in the industry.
This application captures every packet on the wire to display important information such as a list of packets and network connections, vital statistics, protocol distribution charts, and so on. You can examine, save, filter, import and export captured packets, view protocol decodes down to the lowest layer with full analysis of over 70 widespread protocols. With this information, CommView® can help you pinpoint network problems and troubleshoot software and hardware.
CommView runs on Windows XP / Vista/ 7 / 8 or Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 (both 32- and 64-bit versions). It requires a 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet, Wireless Ethernet, or Token Ring network card, or a standard dial-up adapter. For remote monitoring tasks, you can use our special, optional add-on for CommView: CommView® Remote Agent. It allows CommView® users to capture network traffic on any computer where Remote Agent is running, regardless of the computer's physical location. This powerful and unique technology broadens your monitoring range: you are no longer limited by your LAN segment or personal computer.
What you can do with CommView®?
- View detailed IP connections statistics: IP addresses, ports, sessions, etc.
- Reconstruct TCP sessions.
- Map packets to the application that is sending or receiving them.
- View protocols distribution, bandwidth utilization, and network nodes charts and tables.
- Generate traffic reports in real time.
- Browse captured and decoded packets in real time.
- Search for strings or hex data in captured packet contents.
- Import and export packets in Sniffer®, EtherPeek™ AiroPeek™ Observer®, NetMon, and Tcpdump formats, export packets in hex and text formats.
- Configure alarms that can notify you about important events, such as suspicious packets, high bandwidth utilization, unknown addresses, etc.
- Create your own plug-ins for decoding any protocol.
- Exchange data with your application over TCP/IP.
- Export any IP address to SmartWhois for quick, easy IP lookup.
- Capture loopback traffic.