Network Packet Broker (NPB) supports 1G/10G on 8 SFP+ and 40G on 2 QSFP ports, allowing 40G tap outputs to be monitored by 10G tools.
Scalable, flexible, powerful, and compact:
The VS-M8S2Q NPB provides supports 1G/10G on 8 SFP+ and 40G on 2 QSFP ports, allowing 40G tap outputs to be monitored by 10G tools. The flexible design allows the QSFP ports to support breakout cables - providing 16 ports of 1G/10G in a compact. "Future-proof" by using it today for legacy networks, and extend the life of 10G tools by using it for 40G links as they are added.
Aggregating presents oversubscription and packet loss risk. Hardware based Layer 2 to Layer 4 filtering allows users to select only specific traffic of interest.
Aggregation, Replication, and Load Balancing:
All ports function as inputs or outputs, allowing use of many inputs and only a few tools, or the inverse. Load balancing allows multiple inputs to be equally distributed among multiple outputs. If a tool NIC or output fails, traffic is automatically distributed among the remaining outputs.
The FTC-24 modular tap system chassis and modules are an ideal complement. It holds up to 24 individual taps - including ones for 40G MTP/MPO. All other types of taps ranging from 1G to 100G - are also supported.
The VS-M8S2Q can be configured to act as an sFlow Agent,sending sample datagrams a to an ‘sFlow Collector’ elsewhere in the network.
Optional IPFIX Support:
The VS-M8S2Q can function as an IPFIX Observation Point, using IPFIX Metering Process to collect data packets, optionally filtering and aggregating information about them. It also operates as an IPFIX Exporter to gather this and other Observation Points together into an Observation Domain. This information is then sent via the IPFIX protocol to a IPFIX Collector.
- Monitor 40Gsources with 10G tools
- Support up to 16 1G/1G ports in a compact unit using breakout cables
- Use data filtering to minimize oversubscription risk and optimize performance of monitoring tools
- SFP+ ports support 1G/10G fiber, 10/100/1000/10G copper, and DAC cables
- Support 16 of 1G/10G ports using breakout cables - high density in a compact size
- Load Balancing – Balance sessions across multiple outputs for monitoring redundancy
- Filtering – Line-rate hardware-based filtering can eliminate port oversubscription
- Filter on – Ipv4 Src/Dst Address; MAC Address; Protocol, Port, and Ethertypes (e.g. MPLS, VLAN, IPv6 Src/Dst Address)
- Aggregation/Regeneration – Combine multiple network links or channels into one stream or send copies to multiple tools to share data sources
- SNMP, SYSLOG and email notification mechanisms
- Radius, TACACS+ authentications
- Redundant power sources and fans
- Sflow and IPFIX capability
Ports, Dimensions and Weight:
- Any-to-Any Ports: Eight (8) SFP+ and two (2) QSFP ports OR
- Sixteen (16) SFP+ ports via use of breakout cables
- Management Port: RJ45
- Console Port: USB Device Mode
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 3.81 x 21.08 x 31.75 cm
- Weight: 2.2 Kg
- Operating Temperature: 0ºC to 55ºC
- Storage Temperature: -30ºC to 65ºC
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
VERSAstream ™ VS-M8S2Q Power Requirements:
- Two (2) External AC Adapters Redundant Hot Swappable Power Supplies (Included)
- Individual Power Supply Rating: 100-240V 50-60Hz 1.3A Maximum Power
- Consumption: 60 Watts or less
- Safety: CB IEC 62368-1
- Emissions: FCC, EN, ICES-003
- FCC 47CFR PT 15 SPT B:2017
- ICES-003 Issue 6:2016
- CENELEC EN 55032:2012
- Certifications: CE, RoHS
- IPv4 Address Sources and Destinations, Subnets MAC
- Address Sources and Destinations
- IPv6 Address Sources and Destinations, Subnets