Datacom FTP-8000 High Density passive Fiber Network Tap Family (LC) 16 Ports
Quick Performance Description FTP-8000 passive Network Fiber Tap Family:
- 16 x 10G/1G LC Connector Ports - 16 Ports Full Duplex for 8 x 10G or 1G Fiber Links
Network Tap Speed: 8 x 10G or 1 x Gigabit (LC)
Monitoring Tool Speed: 8 x 10G or 1 x Gigabit (LC)
Easy to combine with many network tools like WireShark, Tamosoft and many more.
Datacom FTP-8000 High Density Fiber Network Tap Family
The FTP-8000 passive Network Fiber tap Family provides permanent access into eight 10G and 1G fiber links. This high density fiber tap is ideal for security, network monitoring, end to end performance analysis and other applications where you need to have a high number of links simultaneously monitored. It is suited for large corporate data centers, cloud or communication service providers, or high performance computing environments.It is ideal for any place where there is a high density of links that have to be monitored. It has a low impact on network performance and, due to its passive nature, does not affect reliability.
Datacom product numbers - depending on Split Ratio:
- Datacom FTP-8504: 50/50 Fiber TAP (50 micron)
- Datacom FTP-8505: 50/50 Fiber TAP (62.5 micron)
- Datacom FTP-8506: 50/50 Fiber TAP (9 micron)
- Datacom FTP-8704: 70/30 Fiber TAP (50 micron)
- Datacom FTP-8705: 70/30 Fiber TAP (62.5 micron)
- Datacom FTP-8706: 70/30 9 micron Fiber TAP (9 micron)
- Space saving design allows you to TAP up to eight (8) links in 1/2 rack unit of height or sixteen 16 links by using 1 rack unit of height - optimizes data center rack usage Integrates easily with our network monitoring switches - deploy when 4 or more ports are required
- Passive, non-powered architecture - highly reliable and proven architecture
- Alternative to SPAN ports - captures all traffic including error packets that SPANs may drop
- Available with various split ratios
- Ruggedized D handles for easy installation
- Eight (8) Ten (10) or One (1) Gigabit (LC) Tap Network Connections
- Eight (8) Ten (10) or One (1) Gigabit (LC) Monitoring Connections
- 50/50, 70/30
- Additional Split Ratios Available
- Multimode (choose 50/62.5 micron diameter) 50/50 = 4.2 dB
- Multimode (choose 50/62.5 micron diameter) 70/30 = 3.0 / 6.7 dB
- Singlemode (9 micron diameter) 50/50 = 3.9 dB
- Singlemode (9 micron diameter) 70/30 = 2.2 / 6.3 dB
* approximate per fiber
In order to perform a successful network analysis, we recommend either the free software from wireshark or the relate software from Tamosoft.
You can find Wireshark's software here.
You can find the Tamosoft software here.
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS (H x W x D)
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40°C
- Storage Temperature: -30° to 65°C
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing