Datacom Passive Fiber Netzwerk Tap with 16 ports for 8 x 10/1 full duplex Gigabit network links. High data transparency.
Easily used in combination with many tools from WireShark, Tamosoft, etc.
Datacom FTP-8000 Network Tap
The FTP-8000 passive tap provides permanent access into eight, 10G and 1G fiber links. This high density fiber tap is ideal for security, network monitoring, end to end performance analysis and other applications where you need to have a high number of links simultaneously monitored. It is suited for large corporate data centers, cloud or communication service providers, or high performance computing environments.It is ideal for any place where there is a high density of links that have to be monitored. It has a low impact on network performance and, due to its passive nature, does not affect reliability.
ORDERING INFORMATION (Additional split ratios available)
- FTP-8504 50/50 Fiber TAP (50 micron)
- FTP-8505 50/50 Fiber TAP (62.5 micron)
- FTP-8506 50/50 Fiber TAP (9 micron)
- FTP-8704 70/30 Fiber TAP (50 micron)
- FTP-8705 70/30 Fiber TAP (62.5 micron)
- FTP-8706 70/30 9 micron Fiber TAP (9 micron)
- Space saving design allows you to TAP up to eight (8) links in 1/2 rack unit of height or sixteen 16 links by using 1 rack unit of height - optimizes data center rack usage Integrates easily with our network monitoring switches - deploy when 4 or more ports are required
- Passive, non-powered architecture - highly reliable and proven architecture
- Alternative to SPAN ports - captures all traffic including error packets that SPANs may drop
- Available with various split ratios
- Ruggedized D handles for easy installation
- Eight (8) Ten (10) or One (1) Gigabit (LC) Tap Network Connections
- Eight (8) Ten (10) or One (1) Gigabit (LC) Monitoring Connections
- 50/50, 70/30
- Additional Split Ratios Available
- Multimode (choose 50/62.5 micron diameter) 50/50 = 4.2 dB
- Multimode (choose 50/62.5 micron diameter) 70/30 = 3.0 / 6.7 dB
- Singlemode (9 micron diameter) 50/50 = 3.9 dB
- Singlemode (9 micron diameter) 70/30 = 2.2 / 6.3 dB
* approximate per fiber
In order to perform a successful network analysis, we recommend either the free software from wireshark or the relate software from Tamosoft.
You can find Wireshark's software here.
You can find the Tamosoft software here.
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS (H x W x D)
- 0.875 X 17 X 8 in (2.2 x 43.2 x 20.3 cm)
- Operating Temperature: 32º to 104ºF (0° to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature: -22º to 149ºF (-30° to 65°C )
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing