Datacom FTP-4000 Quad Channel Passive Network Fiber TAP with 4 x 10/1 Gigabit network ports and 4 x 10/1 Gigabit monitor ports. Ideal for security applications.
Easily deployed in combination with many tools from WireShark, Tamosoft, etc.
Datacom FTP-4000 Network Fiber Tap:
The FTP 4000 is a 10G or 1G quad fiber tap that provides permanent access to four fiber links. Fully passive, fault-tolerant product design. Connections remain intact even in the event of failure or malfunction. This network tap is ideal for security applications, network monitoring, and anywhere you need to see all the data that only an in-line solution can provide. Invisible to the network and without power, the fiber TAPs do not compromise network performance or integrity. Four TAPs allow connection to one tool per link. Tools require a dual NIC card to receive both sides of communications. Enables display of Layer 1 and 2 errors that are not visible when monitoring the network with SPAN ports.
ORDERING INFORMATION (Additional split ratios available)
- FTP-4504 50/50 Quad Fiber TAP (50 micron)
- FTP-4505 50/50 Quad Fiber TAP (62.5 micron)
- FTP-4506 50/50 Quad Fiber TAP (9 micron)
- FTP-4704 30 Quad Fiber TAP (50 micron)
- FTP-4705 70/30 Quad Fiber TAP (62.5 micron)
- FTP-4706 70/30 Quad Fiber TAP (9 micron)
- Passive, non-powered design
- Four TAPs allow you to connect to one tool per link; tools require a dual NIC card to receive both sides of the conversation
- Supports multiple topologies, including Gigabit Ethernet, ATM, OC3-OC192 and SONET
- View layer 1 and 2 errors not seen when performing network monitoring using SPAN ports
- Space saving design allows you to TAP up to eight links in 1U
- Four (4) Ten (10) or One (1) Gigabit (LC) Tap Network Connections
- Four (4) Ten (10) or One (1) Gigabit (LC) Monitoring Connections
- 50/50, 70/30
- Additional Split Ratios Available
- Multimode (choose 50/62.5 micron diameter) 50/50 = 4.2 dB
- Multimode (choose 50/62.5 micron diameter) 70/30 = 3.0 / 6.7 dB
- Singlemode (9 micron diameter) 50/50 = 3.9 dB
- Singlemode (9 micron diameter) 70/30 = 2.2 / 6.3 dB
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS (H x W x D)
- 1.13 x 8.75 x 7.75 in. (2.86 x 22.22 x 19.69 cm)
In order to perform a successful network analysis, we recommend either the free software from wireshark or the relate software from Tamosoft.
You can find Wireshark's software here.
You can find the Tamosoft software here.
- 1.10 lbs. (0.49 Kgs)
- Operating Temperature: 32º to 104ºF (0° to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature: -22º to 149ºF (-30° to 65°C )