FTP-1000 Network Tap
1 and 10 Gigabit fiber taps from Datacom Systems provide your network monitoring and security tools passive permanent access into your 1 or 10 Gigabit fiber network. They provide permanent In-Line access to network links - eliminating the need for network connectors to be disconnected and connected each time a segment needs to be analyzed. They also support multiple topologies, including 10 Gigabit Ethernet, ATM, OC3-OC48, and SONET.(Tools from Wireshark and TamoSoft etc. available)
Our taps allow you to view layer 1 and 2 errors not seen when performing network monitoring using SPAN ports
They are available in a wide array of split ratios, Multimode or Single-Mode configurations.
- Rack mount ear included
- Optional 1U rack mount holds 3 taps
- 4U 12 bay rack available
- Ten (10) or One (1) Gigabit (LC or SC) Tap Network Connection
- Ten (10) or One (1) Gigabit (LC or SC) Monitoring Connection
- 50/50, 70/30
- Additional Split Ratios Available
- Multimode (choose 50/62.5 micron diameter) 50/50 = 4.2 dB
- Multimode (choose 50/62.5 micron diameter) 70/30 = 3.0 / 6.7 dB
- Singlemode (9 micron diameter) 50/50 = 3.9 dB
- Singlemode (9 micron diameter) 70/30 = 2.2 / 6.3 dB
* approximate per fiber
In order to perform a successful network analysis, we recommend either the free software from wireshark or the relate software from Tamosoft.
You can find Wireshark's software here.
You can find the Tamosoft software here.
Physical Dimensions (H x W x D)
1.07 x 5 x 5 (2.7 x 12.7 x 12.7 kgs)
12 oz (0.34 kgs)
Operating Temperature: 32º to 104ºF (0° to 40°C)
Storage Temperature: -22º to 149ºF (-30° to 65°C ) Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing