Datacom DURAstream DS-2408 Serie Bypass Switch
Deploying in-line monitoring devices such as intrusion prevention systems (IPS) or bridge devices like VPN gateways and firewalls used to mean a potential point of failure on the network. When one of these devices malfunctions or becomes overwhelmed with traffic, network outages can occur. This presents serious challenges on mission critical links. The DS-2408 ensures your network?s most important data does not fail even when in-line devices do. Deploying a DS-2408 ensures uptime of critical links regardless of in-line device performance by diverting critical network traffic away from malfunctioning in-line devices until such devices are operating normally. This not only alleviates potential issues with traffic congestion affecting link behavior caused by an IPS, it allows maintenance and upgrades of attached in-line tools without network downtime. The DS-2408 is an easy-to-manage external active bypass providing failover for data monitoring of critical 1 and 10 Gigabit network segments.Line rate throughput and real-time data forwarding hardware protects data and allows critical voice and data applications to perform uninterrupted and meet high demands for quality and security.(Tools from Wireshark and TamoSoft etc. available)
- Passive bypass maintains network integrity during power loss
- Active switching if in-line tool fails- prevents network interruptions
- User configurable Heartbeat Mode monitors link status and health of in-line appliances
- Flexible deployment options including copper, single mode, multimode, and media conversion
- Redundant power supplies with power fail protection ensure monitoring uptime
- Management remotely or locally with extensive CLI -supports SSH
- E-mail event notifications on user-defined events
- NTP Support
- Network Ports: Four (4) 10/1G Fiber
- Appliance Ports: Four (4) SFP+ (Supports SFP+ SR, LR, LRM, SFP SX, LX, BT)
- Management Port: RJ45
- Console Port: DB9
In order to perform a successful network analysis, we recommend either the free software from wireshark or the relate software from Tamosoft.
You can find Wireshark's software here.
You can find the Tamosoft software here.
- Dual Redundant Hot Swappable Power Supplies (Included)
- Maximum Power Consumption: Less than 90 Watts
- Individual Power Supply Rating: 100-240V ~50-60Hz 7A MAX.
- 1.5 x 8.3 x 12.5 in (3.81 x 21.08 x 31.75 cm)
- 3.75 lbs (1.7 kgs)
- Operating Temperature: 32º to 104ºF (0º to 40ºC)
- Storage Temperature: -22º to 149ºF (-30º to 65ºC)
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing