Datacom Systems CTP-10G Link Aggregation Network Tap with 2 x 1G/10G Monitoring Ports
Datacom CTP-10G Network Tap
The CTP-10G tap can be installed in a copper 1G, 2.5G, 5G, or 10G link between any two network devices, such as firewalls, routers, etc. - allowing traffic to flow between them. Copies of Rx and Tx link data are made, and provided to tools for security or monitoring purposes. It auto-negotiates to the speed of the tapped link, allowing tapping of all copper links from 1G up to 10G, as well as supporting monitoring tools operating at any of those Speeds.
Aggregation and Regeneration Mode
This mode combines the Rx and Tx copies of tapped link data into a single data stream. Both monitor ports receive identical copies of the aggregated data. The regenerated data eliminates contention for access to critical links, allowing two tools to monitor the same link. This mode also allows tools with a single capture NIC, such as laptop PC's running Wireshark, to view both sides of the duplex conversation. Aggregation or Non-Aggregation mode is selected via a convenient rear slider switch.
Non-aggregation mode sends the Tx and Rx data copies to separate monitor ports. This eliminates the risk of dropped packets in the tap, which can be caused by merging data copies from links that spike over 50% sustained aggregate utilization.
Failsafe Passive Bypass
The CTP-10G includes load sharing redundant power supplies. In the unlikely event of total power loss, a relay based passive bypass system allows data to continue flowing on the tapped link.
Reliable and Easy to Use
The CTP-10G is simple to deploy. A convenient slider switch on the back of the device allows users to choose between Aggregation and Non-Aggregation modes. After setting the aggregation switch, and choosing tapping mode, the device is plug and play. There is no other configuration or setup necessary for this easy to use, reliable device.
The CTP-10G cannot have an IP Address assigned it, and has no MAC address - it is invisible to the network. Use it when you want to collect and capture packets for a security or storage application. The copy of traffic into the security or monitoring tool is one-way. The tap can’t become a point of access for hackers, nor can anyone get to the security probe or recording device through the tap (since the traffic is one way.)
Datacom CTP-10G Network Tap Higlights:
- View entire full-duplex copper 10G link conversations using single- interface monitoring tools
- Decrease reliance on switch resources for network management visibility
- Eliminate SPAN port contention, oversubscription risk, and configuration errors
- Easily share tap ports for improved monitoring without maintenance windows
- Easy to deploy- switch selects Aggregation or Non-aggregation modes
Datacom CTP-10G Network Tap Features:
- Aggregation - Can combine multiple network links or channels into one stream for visibility into complete network conversations
- Send copies of traffic from the Network tap to multiple connected tools to share data sources. Passes Jumbo Frames and all schemes of POE (Power Over Ethernet) through the TAPs Network ports
- Passes all Error frames (CRC's, Runts, etc.) through the Network ports and to the monitoring tools
- No configuration or management settings
- Auto-negotiation enables the tapping of 1G, 2.5G, 5G, and 10G copper links, as well as 1G, 2.5G, 5G, and 10G copper tools
- Stays invisible to the network for enhanced security
Technical Specifications Datacom CTP-10G Network Tap:
- Network: One (1) 1G/2.5G/5G/10G capable copper Network Tap (qty two RJ45)
- Monitoring: Two (2) 1G/2.5G/5G/10G capable Ports (RJ45)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.7 x 12.72 x 12.7 cm
Weight: 0.48 Kg
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40°C
- Storage Temperature: -30° to 65°C
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing< 25 BTU/hr
- Two (2) External 36 watt capable AC Adapters (included)
- Input: 100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz
- Max. Amperage: 2A
- Maximum Power Consumption: 24 watts with 4 ports @10G
- CE, RoHS, CAN ICES-3 (A)/NMB-3(A), FCC Part 15 Class B
- CTP-10G: 1G/2.5G/5G/10G capable Link Aggregation Tap with 2 Monitoring Ports supporting 1G/2.5G/5G/10G
- Redundant AC power supplies, region specific power cables and mounting bracket (for use with optional RMC rack mounts)
- RMC-3: 3-TAP 1U Rack Mount Chassis
- RMC-12-3: 12-TAP 4U Rack Mount Chassis