Datacom Systems CTP-10G Copper Link Aggregation Network Tap
The CTP-10G Copper Network Tap can be installed in a 1G, 2.5G, 5G or 10G copper link between any two network devices such as firewalls, routers, etc. to allow traffic to flow between them. - to allow traffic to flow between the systems. Copies of the Rx and Tx connection data are made and tools are provided for security or monitoring purposes. The speed of the tapped link is automatically negotiated so that all copper links from 1G to 10G can be tapped and monitoring tools operating at any of these speeds are supported.
Datacom CTP-10G in aggregation and regeneration mode:
This mode combines the Rx and Tx copies of the tapped link data into a single stream. Both monitor ports receive identical copies of the aggregated data. The regenerated data eliminates competition for access to critical links, allowing two devices to monitor the same link. In this mode, tools with a single capture NIC, such as laptops running Wireshark, can also view both sides of the duplex conversation. Aggregation or non-aggregation mode is selected via a convenient slide switch on the rear panel.
The Datacom CTP-10G in non-aggregation mode:
In non-aggregation mode, the Tx and Rx data copies are sent to separate monitor ports. This eliminates the risk of packet loss at the switch caused by merging data copies from links with a sustained aggregation load greater than 50%.
The Datacom CTP-10G provides a fail-safe passive bypass:
The CTP-10G has redundant load sharing power supplies. In the unlikely event of a total power failure, a relay-based passive bypass system allows data to remain available on the derived link.
The Datacom CTP-10G is reliable and simple to use:
The CTP-10G is simple to install. A convenient slide switch on the back of the unit allows the user to choose between aggregation and non-aggregation modes. Once the aggregation switch is set and the listening mode selected, the unit is immediately ready for use. No further configuration or setup is required for this user-friendly, reliable device.
Security of the Datacom CTP-10G:
The CTP-10G cannot be assigned an IP address and has no MAC address - it is invisible to the network. Use it when you need to capture and store packets for a security or storage application. Copying traffic into the security or surveillance tool is one-way. The interception cannot become an access point for hackers, nor can anyone access the security or recording device via the interception (as the traffic is one-way).
- Views the entire 10G full duplex copper links with single interface monitoring tools.
- Reduces dependency on switch resources for network management visibility
- Eliminates SPAN port conflicts, congestion risks and configuration Errors
- Easily share TAP ports for improved monitoring without maintenance windows
- Easy commissioning - switch selects aggregation or non-aggregation mode
Datacom CTP-10G Copper Network Tap Highlights:
- RJ45 copper ports
- Aggregation: Can aggregate multiple network connections or channels into one stream to provide an overview of the entire network conversation.
- Data Source Sharing: Sends copies of the network tap's traffic to multiple connected tools.
- Network connections: Allows Jumbo Frames and all POE (Power Over Ethernet) schemes through the network ports of the TAPs.
- Error frames (CRC's, Runts, etc.): Passed through the network ports and to monitoring Tools
- No configuration or management Settings
- Auto-negotiation: Allows tapping of 1G, 2.5G, 5G and 10G copper links and 1G, 2.5G, 5G and 10G copper tools.
- Security: Remains invisible to the network for enhanced security
Datacom CTP-10G Copper Network Tap Technical Specifications
Number of ports:
- Network: 1 x 1G / 2.5G / 5G / 10G capable copper network tap with two x RJ45
- Monitoring: 2 x 1G / 2.5G / 5G / 10G capable ports (RJ45)
Weight and Dimensions:
- Weight: 0.48 Kg
- Shipping weight: 0.7 Kg
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.7 x 12.72 x 12.7 cm
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40°C
- Storage temperature: -30° to 65°C
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing< 25 BTU/hr
- 2 x 36 watt external power supply (supplied).
- Input: 100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz
- Max. Max. current: 2A
- Max power consumption: 24 watts at 4 ports @10G
- CAN ICES-3 (A) / NMB-3(A)
- FCC Part 15 Class B
Scope of delivery CTP-10G copper Network Tap:
- 1 x CTP 10G copper network tap
- Redundant AC power supplies, regional power cords and mounting brackets
(for use with optional RMC rack mount brackets).
- RMC-3: for 3 network taps: 3-TAP 1U Rackmount Chassis.
- RMC-12-3: for 12 network taps: 12-TAP 4U - Rackmount Chassis