Datacom Network Tap FTP-1714 - 40G Passive TAP with 2 MTP ports, to tap a 12 fiber strand link. 70/30 split ratio, 50 micron fiber, with 2 separate MTP output ports. Network Tap Speed 40G and Monitoring Tool Speed 40G.
Easily used in combination with many tools from WireShark, Tamosoft, etc.
40G-SR4 Fiber Network Tap
Choosing how to get data from your network and into your monitoring and security tools is just as important as the tools themselves. Network taps are one of today's best methods for creating permanent in-line monitoring ports for your packet analyzers, intrusion detection systems, IDS, data retention compliance devices and other analytic network tools. To accomplish this, taps are inserted between network devices, where they copy data continuously, 24/7, without compromising network integrity. Also, taps are available with a variety of features for both copper and fiber networks and they maintain connectivity, even after power loss to the tap. It's for these reasons that network architects select taps over port mirroring alone to improve monitoring and security. And it's why they are a proven, critical part of the highest performing networks today. Select Datacom Systems taps as your choice for gaining the visibility you need to make your network efficient, secure and compliant.
Order Information (More Split Ratios Available)
- FTP-1514 50/50 split ratio. 50 micron fiber, 2 separate MTP output ports
- FTP-1714 70/30 split ratio. 50 micron fiber, 2 separate MTP output output)
Our taps allow you to view layer 1 and 2 errors not seen when performing network monitoring using SPAN ports
- OM3 fiber
- Rack mount ear included
- Optional 1U rack mount holds 3 taps
- 4U 12 bay rack available
- Two (2) 40Gb MTP Network Connections
- Two (2) 40Gb MTP Monitoring Connections
- 50/50 split ratio results in a 4.6 dB insertion loss
- 70/30 split ratio results ina a 6.6/2.6 dB insertion loss
* approximate per fiber
In order to perform a successful network analysis, we recommend either the free software from wireshark or the relate software from Tamosoft.
You can find Wireshark's software here.
You can find the Tamosoft software here.
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS (H x W x D)
- 1.07 x 5 x 7 in (2.7 x 12.7 x 17.78 cm)
- 15 oz (0.43 kgs)
- Operating Temperature: 32º to 104ºF (0° to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature: -22º to 149ºF (-30° to 65°C )
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing