40G-SR4 Fiber Network Tap
40 Gigabit fiber taps from Datacom Systems provide your network monitoring and security tools passive permanent access into your 40 Gigabit fiber network. They provide permanent In-Line access to network links - eliminating the need for network connectors to be disconnected and connected each time a segment needs to be analyzed.
Our taps allow you to view layer 1 and 2 errors not seen when performing network monitoring using SPAN ports
- OM3 fiber
- Rack mount ear included
- Optional 1U rack mount holds 3 taps
- 4U 12 bay rack available
- Two (2) 40Gb MTP Network Connections
- Two (2) 40Gb MTP Monitoring Connections
- 50/50 split ratio results in a 4.6 dB insertion loss
- 70/30 split ratio results ina a 6.6/2.6 dB insertion loss
* approximate per fiber
In order to perform a successful network analysis, we recommend either the free software from wireshark or the relate software from Tamosoft.
You can find Wireshark's software here.
You can find the Tamosoft software here.
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS (H x W x D)
- 1.07 x 5 x 7 in (2.7 x 12.7 x 17.78 cm)
- 15 oz (0.43 kgs)
- Operating Temperature: 32º to 104ºF (0° to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature: -22º to 149ºF (-30° to 65°C )
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing