Datacom 40Gb passive fiber tap with two 40Gb LR4 network ports and 8 LC monitor ports to tap a 40Gb fiber connection. High data transparency.
Easily used in combination with many tools from WireShark, Tamosoft, etc.
40G-LR4 Multi-Wavelength Fiber Network Tap
The FTP-1516 will tap a 40GBase-LR4 network link, sending a copy of traffic from each device on each wavelength out 4 LC ports in LR format. The FTP-1516 allows you to access a multi-lambda fiber connection and monitor it by combining 4 SFP+ single wavelength ports into one native 40GbE interface on your monitoring devices.*
ORDER INFORMATION (more split ratios available)
- FTP-1516 40Gb Passive TAP, 50/50 split ratio. 9 micron fiber, with 8 separate LC output ports (2 for each wavelength).
- FTP-1716 40Gb Passive TAP, 70/30 split ratio. 9 micron fiber, with 8 separate LC output ports (2 for each wavelength)
Monitor outputs are at 1271, 1291, 1311 and 1331nm. The FTP-1516 is completely passive and uses no electrical power. These network taps are ideal for security applications, network monitoring and anywhere you need to see all the data that only an In-Line solution can provide. Invisible to the network, completely passive and fault-tolerant, fiber taps will not affect network performance or integrity.
They provide permanent In-Line access to network links - eliminating the need for network connectors to be disconnected and connected each time a segment needs to be analyzed. Our taps allow you to view layer 1 and 2 errors not seen when performing network monitoring using SPAN ports.
- Non-powered, passive tap
- Optional 1U rack mount holds 2 taps
- 6U 12 bay rack available
*monitoring device must support this feature
- Two (2) 40Gb LR4 Network Connections
- Eight (8) LC Monitor Connections
- Network Ports: 3.4 dB insertion loss
- Monitor Ports: 3.7 dB insertion loss
In order to perform a successful network analysis, we recommend either the free software from wireshark or the relate software from Tamosoft.
You can find Wireshark's software here.
You can find the Tamosoft software here.
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS (H x W x D)
- 1.13 x 8.75 x 7.75 in.
- (2.86 x 22.22 x 19.69 cm)
- 1.10 lbs (0.49 kgs)